View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarlos
Dark Lord (Sr.Officer)

re: 2 raids at ship confirmed! sith pureblood for inquisitors!

interview with steven reid at nycc this weekend...he confirms 2 operations playable at launch with more to come post launch. also, after lots of speculation and consideration, they finally confirmed that sith pureblood would be a playable race for SI's!

check it!

http://torwars.com/2011/10/16/torwars-exclusive-interview-stephen-reid-at-nycc/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Torwars+%28TORWars%29

re: Re: 2 raids at ship confirmed! sith pureblood for inquisito

Sarlos wrote:
interview with steven reid at nycc this weekend...he confirms 2 operations playable at launch with more to come post launch. also, after lots of speculation and consideration, they finally confirmed that sith pureblood would be a playable race for SI's!

check it!

http://torwars.com/2011/10/16/torwars-exclusive-interview-stephen-reid-at-nycc/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Torwars+%28TORWars%29

Nice..Sith pureblood ftw.

"They escaped, Master. You failed."
"No, Malgus. This…is only the beginning!"
- Vindican to Malgus
Kaztiael

Sweet! My plan was to roll a SI: Assassin pureblood. Could have sworn I heard them say purebloods werent playable as SI which I thought was lame and had no basis.

Sarlos
Dark Lord (Sr.Officer)

Ånthrax1980 wrote:
Sweet! My plan was to roll a SI: Assassin pureblood. Could have sworn I heard them say purebloods werent playable as SI which I thought was lame and had no basis.

the basis was that the SI class storyline revolved around you being a slave and ascending thru the ranks and becoming a sith lord. the dev's reasoning for not having sith purebloods as SI's is that a sith pureblood would not be a slave to begin with...so they didnt fit the lore. evidently, they said screw it and gave in to the players who wanted the race to be available for the class.

Yeah, and the purebloods aren't that great looking. If you're going for the Darth Maul look a zabrack with red skin looks more like him.. No racial bonuses so no gain there.

Hm..for some reason, I thought I was able to make my SI a sith pureblood during character creation...haha. That is awesome...I wanted to be pureblood anyway twisted

- Riki

"They escaped, Master. You failed."
"No, Malgus. This…is only the beginning!"
- Vindican to Malgus
Kaztiael

Sarlos wrote:
Ånthrax1980 wrote:

the basis was that the SI class storyline revolved around you being a slave and ascending thru the ranks and becoming a sith lord. the dev's reasoning for not having sith purebloods as SI's is that a sith pureblood would not be a slave to begin with...so they didnt fit the lore. evidently, they said screw it and gave in to the players who wanted the race to be available for the class.

Yeah, I watched the link in one of the other posts explaining this, however if you look at the history of Korriban and the sith they were all enslaved by the dark jedi whom over the course of history intermingled with the sith to give rise to the sith pureblood which is actually a hybrid of the dark jedi and the sith, so it stands to reason that while you are not likely to find a sith pureblood as a slave one could infact have say a lower ranking member of the sith purebloods as a slave??? Just a different spin on things, personally I feel they screwed up a bit with having a story line that involved any sith lord starting out as a slave, and it does make sense why would exclude purebloods from being inquisitors when the purebloods have such a strong natural attunement to the force, it is only logical you would find pureblood sorcerer's and assassins

Outlaw
=Outlaw=
Master (Jr.Officer)

Yea it makes sense that purebloods could be slaves. I'm sure the sith practiced slavery amonst themselves long before they started the invasion....and not all purebloods are force sensitive.

I always thought high ranking Siths could become Inquisitors, but slaves could only become Inquisitors. The Inquisitors in-game story for you as the player is that of a slave, but it doesn't necessarily mean all Inquisitors start as slaves. If you have watched the Inquisotr story videos, you'll notice that your character is competing with a high ranking "noble" pureblood.
Clamwacker

Not a huge lore-nerd but from what I've gathered from the forums, in this time setting non-force sensitive Purebloods were executed at birth, hence the contradiction. I was also under the impression that the Dark Jedi didn't enslave them as much as impressed the hell out of the Sith and they made a cultural hierarchy out of being able using the force.

Also, the idea of a slave rising to the top of the food chain isn't entirely unheard of. Though it should of been the Warriors story line since they are modeled after Vader. The idea of Inquisitors and Warriors seems to me to be a limitation of the game, not of the Star Wars universe. Why couldn't a powerful force user learn how to throw around lightning and also be able to be a master of telekinesis as well as being a master lightsaber wielder?

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Search TORHead