View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Darinford

re: what is everyone doing while we wait?

Just pickedup the deadspace 1 & 2 bundle off steam ($14) DL'n part 1 now. I don't normally play this kind of game, but the price was too good to pass up. I also picked up Stalker CoP but I'm going to wait till I have a better PC to play it.

eta: game finished downloading. Wow the controls... it took me 3 tries just to click on the options menu LOL. The game would be scary I think, if I weren't raging at my mouse. Also annoying is the fact that when I put it at 1920x1080 it doesn't fill my whole monitor has like 1.5" borders or something around it.

eeta: googled the problem with the controls, apparently the game goes a little nuts when Vsync is enabled. It plays nicely now, but it's a tad on the easy side so far (chapter 4).
Stabino

Dead Space 1 is the best horror game I've played beside Amnesia...Play it on Hard mode you turkey ;)

I'm level 35 on BF3 now, still entertaining but Skyrim is out in a week!!!!!!!

Darinford

Stabino wrote:
Dead Space 1 is the best horror game I've played beside Amnesia...Play it on Hard mode you turkey ;)

I'm level 35 on BF3 now, still entertaining but Skyrim is out in a week!!!!!!!

Playing through again on impossible now Happy

I don't really find the game that scary, it's either because the part of my brain that causes excitement transfer is fried or because I'm using $5 headphones. I turned the graphics options down to low to play it on my laptop, honestly the game is more disturbing on low something about the smooth textures on the monsters just make them creep me the fuck out now. It's probably cause corpses naturally bloat which stretches the skin smooth. I think STALKER SoC scared me a little bit more, due to bloodsuckers and poltergeists. It goes on sale for like $2.50 on steam sometimes.

I'm going to try to save up some money for a new system. Going to aim for Febuary-March & $1400-$1600 cause I want SSD.
Misaligned

Darinford wrote:
I'm going to try to save up some money for a new system. Going to aim for Febuary-March & $1400-$1600 cause I want SSD.

I would argue that $2,000 is the sweet spot for price:performance ratio and good longevity but you can build a pretty nice rig in that range fo sho.

DoctorDarren

Playin lots of Dark Souls (that game is ridiculously hard) and waiting for Skyrim to come out on 11/11, can't wait for the Elder Scrolls fifth installment to eat away at my time before SWTOR release.

Word, looking forward to Skyrim.

DoctorDarren

Oh also, for anybody with a PS3, give DCUO a shot, it went free recently, and is actually pretty fun. Its surprising to see an mmo that is doing well on a console.

Misaligned wrote:
Darinford wrote:

I would argue that $2,000 is the sweet spot for price:performance ratio and good longevity but you can build a pretty nice rig in that range fo sho.

Well my target settings are 1920x1080 4xAA 8xAF with 40+ FPS. I plan on swapping out the graphics every 1.5-2 years so in terms of longevity I'm focused on case/psu then cpu/mobo/ram. I figure I can get away with modest graphical power ($200) on the initial build then swap it out in a year or two once I have the $$$ to get proper high end graphics.

A price/performance build would be around $1,250 if I built it today. But I want to put a 6 core ivy bridge under the hood which basically adds $450 (pricier mobo & cooling for the OC), plus the SSD.

I plan on upgrading my peripherals separately a few months later so they're not included either. I've been wanting a pair of Sennheiser 595's for a long looooong time now.
Skrag55(Xanazu)

I just reinstalled the first swtor. Just wanted to get a little back story down again before the game was released. Looking forward to the Darth Revan story they are going to have in game.

DoctorDarren wrote:
Playin lots of Dark Souls (that game is ridiculously hard) and waiting for Skyrim to come out on 11/11, can't wait for the Elder Scrolls fifth installment to eat away at my time before SWTOR release.

I would LOVE to try this game out, heard nothing but great things...but its only on console so it has lost all respect from me...Skyrim in 3 DAYS!!

Stompyomouf

I'm playing through KotOR again, such a great game. I just finished reading deadly alliance and started deceived. Gonna read revan before launch.

Been playing Aion for a bit. Dropped out of LoTRO after RoI so disappointed in it. Right now DLing League of Legends to play w/ the Guildies.... Let me know where you guys are!

Misaligned

Picked-up BF3 a couple days ago and Tribes:Ascend. I'll be playing beta this weekend and then Skyrim and Saints Row the 3rd until early access.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diabolic Forum Index -> Mos Eisley Cantina All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Search TORHead