View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Deadeye (Dok)

re: Internet speeds

Just wondering what everyone is gonna be running on. Mine is usually between 15 and 17 Mbps when i test it at http://speedtest.net/ .

whats everyone else lookin like?

25 Mbit. I may increase it to 60 not because I need the speed but to raise my bandwidth cap. I'm currently capped at 250 GB. If I bump up to 60 Mbit I get 500 GB. I'm monitoring my traffic for a month to see how close I get to the cap. I'm pretty sure I've gone over it in the past but it hasn't been an issue (yet). I'm on Charter cable btw.

Clamwacker

Misaligned wrote:
25 Mbit. I may increase it to 60 not because I need the speed but to raise my bandwidth cap. I'm currently capped at 250 GB. If I bump up to 60 Mbit I get 500 GB. I'm monitoring my traffic for a month to see how close I get to the cap. I'm pretty sure I've gone over it in the past but it hasn't been an issue (yet). I'm on Charter cable btw.

I'm on Comcast 20Mbit. Everytime I've tested it, it's right at 20Mb down. I haven't gone over my cap of 250GB yet either. And I'm almost always streaming Netflix when I'm home and have downloaded several large games, and have come close, but not over. I did send a nasty email to Comcast when I first learned of the cap. Wish we had real internet access here in the USA. Compared to Japan and Korea we're basically still on dial up. Hooray free markets..

you have some nice speed, sir. and im not talking about your tweak. ()...

i have comcast... they are supposedly getting a boost to their internet soon.

15mb/s down
3mb/s up
Wannalevel

30.00 Mbps but only an upload speed of 2.2 Mbps

Acrylic_

I have a 20mb down and 3mb up but I generally get 27mb down and 4.3mb up when Comcast doesn't fuck me over with their shitty service in my area =\

I hate you all. The only thing I can get in my damn apartment is 7mb centurylink
Misaligned

Clamwacker wrote:
I'm on Comcast 20Mbit. Everytime I've tested it, it's right at 20Mb down. I haven't gone over my cap of 250GB yet either. And I'm almost always streaming Netflix when I'm home and have downloaded several large games, and have come close, but not over. I did send a nasty email to Comcast when I first learned of the cap. Wish we had real internet access here in the USA. Compared to Japan and Korea we're basically still on dial up. Hooray free markets..

Yeah it's crazy how much more progressive those nations are in addressing broadband needs.

Creating caps isn't going to solve piracy issues or save TV, better business strategies will.

Darinford

2Mbps ;)

Latency is more important than bandwidth once you get past about 0.5Mbps, for games anyway. Not much data has to be transmitted for a game. This is due to the developers desire to keep latency low, but it's primary purpose is to minimize the amount of data the server requires from the client. "The client is in the hands of the enemy" - Raph Koster . When a game client has to communicate a lot of data to the server that's a very bad thing since all of that data is available for hackers to probe/manipulate which makes things difficult for the programmer.
~Raistlin~

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1596215418.png

Just below 30 down and 5 up.

cox cable 3/30 up/down. 250 limit,

i hit close to that most months. but i had to reset my stupid cable modem 3 times to get it working right this morning. frigging .5 megabits all morning.
May need to replace the cable modem

Master (Jr.Officer)

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1596606795.png

People sometimes become jealous of me.

[Edit]
Woops, I had torrents running.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1596608793.png

There we go.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diabolic Forum Index -> Mos Eisley Cantina All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Search TORHead