View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prof
Maclypse
Master (Jr.Officer)

re: Vagrant Gamers Podcast

Hey Guys,

As some of you know, I'm a podcaster and blogger on the side for fun. Just wanted to share a link to our new show. I would love if you guys would check it out and give me your constructive criticism. I really want to make this show great, and would love any feedback you could throw my way.

You can find the show here:

http://vagary.tv/archives/14229

Look forward to hearing from everyone.

Master (Jr.Officer)

Shameless bump.

Anyone have a chance to check it out?

I was able to listen to the first 20min prior to Class and it seems its going in the right direction. One question I have is do you pick your topics randomly out of a hat, pick up from your last podcast, or do you have your listeners send in emails with topics they would want you guys to discuss?

Other than than I personally think it is a good podcast and can be used to promote this guild, ToR, and so many other thing.

When I get time later this evening I will listen to the entire podcast.

Topics are basically our thoughts/opinions on the big news stories of the week. As the show goes on and we actually get some e-mails, the plan is to include those in the show, as well as take "on request" topics. We also plan on bring on some industry insiders for interviews and commentary.

I listened to it in the background while playing some nethack and browsing the internet. Made for ok background noise to break up the monotony of rolling my 70th wizard doomed to die on the first 10 levels of the dungeons of doom. I found my attention wandering after a few minutes. It seems the show kind of meandered from topic to topic so my attention only periodically refocused on the conversation. A little more formatting or emphasis on a topics title might cue the listener that a subject he's interested in is about to be discussed.
Prof
Maclypse
Master (Jr.Officer)

Thanks for the feedback Darin. I'm working on trying some sort of bumpers or music in between topics. I agree, it helps break things down a bit more.

So I listen through all of the podcast while leveling up an altin WoW. I noticed that at times I was feeling like people were mumbling in the background while im trying to eat at a resturant and they were just being loud so I could hear them.... We have all been there. But in short I would say stick to a max of Three topics at most but two should be a fair ground to play on. Also some background music which is not to loud or too distracting will help the podcast as well.

I have a few friends in my college that are planning on going into talk radio via internet and they were asking for suggestions for BG music. Here is what I suggested to them: http://prettylightsmusic.com/#/home. Not every song from this guy will fit into a BG theme but the majority will.

I hope this helps and I am looking forward to seeing how the next cast will go.

Needs more vulgarities. You should all get drunk for the next one.

I've tried listening to a couple of SWTOR/General gaming podcasts recently but I find it's pretty much all info I already knew, or by the time I hear the podcast it's OFN (old fucking news). However, I spend way too much time on forums and gaming blogs.

The stuff I'm interested in is all NDA breaking. Fuck the NDA. Keeping it in place this long is just silly. There's so much leaked info out there. The official forums are full of conjecture and hyperbole. The stuff I'm interested in are details regarding game mechanics and you can't really have a meaningful conversation about that without breaking the NDA. I'm hoping today's "big announcement" lifts the NDA.

More to the point you had good info and I appreciate what you are doing. Swear more. Get drunk and/or high before the show. My favorite podcast is Joe Rogan's. They get baked and just shoot the shit. It's entertaining. The fact they are all stand-up comedians certainly helps.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diabolic Forum Index -> Mos Eisley Cantina All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Search TORHead