View previous topic :: View next topic  
Extroe

re: What would you do...............

" What would you do with limitless free time and very little income?"

I feel sorry for all you gainfully employed people with your jobs and school. I get to play swtor non stop

Almost hope no one calls me back for an interveiw. All the jobs i aplied for kinda suck anyway. On the other hand ramen and tv dinners gets old very fast

I heard the same thing said when WoW came out, I wonder where those people are now hmmmm

Clamwacker

When I was doing tech support for Dell I watched about a dozen people give up on life to play EverQuest. It kept me from playing MMOs for about 5 years. One guy literally quit his job and moved into a shed in his grandparents back yard, with an extension cable ran out there so he could play EQ non-stop. I spent a few years unemployed, but had a rather large savings account and did the 24/7 gamer thing with WoW. In the end, I'll take the job and school and real life and having to deal with not making it to every alt raid and world pvp match in exchange for a nice paycheck, insurance, 401k, and an upcoming degree Happy Real food is so hard to ween yourself off of

. I'd rather have a job too, but there's not much out there. Only people hiring are the temp services. part time sucks

Well i saved up a good chunk of money for myself and im just taking off 2 weeks of work. I think that is plenty of time to lvl to 50 and get decked out. If i didnt have to go to Washington for 5 days then i think i would be within the first 8 of the guild hitting lvl cap. Just sad that i wont be starting out like i want to.

re: If wishes were horses, beggars would ride

Well, I think we all do what we can to have fun within the context of a healthy, real life. I knew a guy in WoW (he had 7 level 70s in BC) that lost 3 jobs and was eventually evicted from his apt. because of his WoW habit. He needed to quit.

That said, if you find yourself in between jobs with a lot of free time and a pretty good computer, an MMO is a great way to do something interesting (I mean, how much TV can you watch?)

For myself, at the moment I have 3 part time jobs (been looking for full time in my profession for nearly 3 years) and kids, so I carve out play time when I can (fortunately I have occasional insomnia, so when you see me log in at 2 am, you'll know).

The week after Christmas my kids are at their dad's house and I'm only scheduled to work 8 hours, so I'm looking forward to some serious play time that week Happy And before Christmas, to maximize my play time, all shopping, baking, and decorating will be finished by 12-15.

And yes, waiting for SWTOR to come out is like a little kid waiting for Christmas!

just join the armed forces id much rather stay home eat ramen and play swtor but then i remeber if i dont go to work they will lock me up in jail and beat my ass with sticks and spray me with fire hoses every time i try to sleep..... thats what gets me out of bed every morning at 0500 Happy

Last edited by Belzaber on 2011/12/09 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Belzaber wrote:
just join the armed forces id much rather stay home eat ramen and play swtor but then i remeber if i dont go to work they will lock me up in jail and beat my ass with sticks and spray me with fire hoses every time i try to sleep..... thats what gets me out of bed every morning at 0400 Happy

You should be a recruiter, you make it sound so glamorous

Balanced is the key for me. You need job, family and your fav hobby. Game is more fun if we enjoy it with balanced with real world. You will be more contended by having a fulfill life in both the real world and also the virtual world. Good luck Happy

one word..army..'nough said hehe

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Deathsmind

You get 30 days a year to take time off....I would take them. Say your leaving to go see family...Make sure you write up your ORM.

Deathsmind wrote:
You get 30 days a year to take time off....I would take them. Say your leaving to go see family...Make sure you write up your ORM.

I never played any MMOs when I was Air Force but I knew a ton of people that played WoW, even back in 2004/2005, which were my last two years in. I would imagine that the military population of MMO players has grown exponentially since then and I can't help but wonder how many people are taking leave just for this release.
Axolia

re: Re: What would you do...............

Extroe wrote:
I feel sorry for all you gainfully employed people with your jobs and school. I get to play swtor non stop

Feel sorry? Why? I went through that "sit around and play games phase" of my life. Yea, it's fun for a while, but at some point you have to live a life. Can't live in mom's basement forever.

I love my job and instead of having my brains bleed out my ears after playing games for 100 hours a day, I have something to look forward too at the end of the day to just relax and chill out too.

I was laid off around the time Cata launched - I played all damn day doing stupid shit like running a raiding guild.

Never again! Trust me it gets real old after awhile and I eventually quit gaming for like 6 months. I thought I kicked the habit until SWTOR came out /sigh. This time I will have limits - I highly recommend them or you too will burn out.

Some of the best companies to work for hire through part time temp agencies - don't knock them til you give it a shot. Also what a great gig "try b4 u buy" and part time so you can still level up faster than us poor 9 to 5 bastards. wink
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diabolic Forum Index -> Mos Eisley Cantina All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Search TORHead