View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clamwacker

re: Old Sweaty Balls Contest

This is the opposite of the big dick contest thread. Instead of your current kick-ass rig post what your first PC was.

Mine was a TRS-80. No hard drive. 5 1/4 floppy drive. 128k RAM. I remember my dad upgrading it to 512k RAM at some point, and it was a card larger then a GTX 580 it seemed. I remember being so happy for the extra memory because now I could rent Bad Dudes and not spend a ton of quarters.

My second was a Packard Bell 486SX 25MHz, 1 Mb RAM, don't remember the hard drive size probably around 100Mb, ran DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1, a 1200 baud modem. By the time I was done it had a 486DX 66MHz with a Pentium overdrive processor on top of it, 8 Mb RAM, 1.2 Gb HD, 56k modem.

To copy from Clam, this was my first!

Packard Bell 486SX 75MHz, 750kb RAM, 75Mb HD, ran DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1, a 1200 baud modem. I remembered the specs. =p

When I was 9 I got my first com. With intel 166mhz the other spec i forgot.. It was year 1994 . Had a floppy disk and run a dial up external modem connected to my phone. The com cost 3 k back then during the era where hp is bigger than ur current graphic card

I don't know the specs from my first computer. My parents got it when I was about high enough to look over the top of a chair. It had green and black screen a 4mb hard disk 5 1/2 floppy drive, cost about $3,000, made by Zenon or zenoth or something. The system clock stopped working in 1988.

The first computer I used to any real extent was a 66mhz 486 dx2 with 8mb ram and 256MB SCSI hard disk. Played Tie Fighter, Doom, Civ2, and Descent.
Pwntiff

I have to remember. The first rig I built had an ALR chasis. 60mhz Pentium processor. I think I had 96mb of RAM and that was ridiculous expensive. I had a Matrox 8 or 16mb video card. I had a U.S. Robotics 14.4 modem so I could play Legend of the Red Dragon on the BBS. I still have a list of BBS dial in numbers. Hehe. My memory from 94 is a little hazy.

The first PC I used was a family owned Apple IIc. Oregon trail baby.

Pwntiff wrote:
I have to remember. The first rig I built had an ALR chasis. 60mhz Pentium processor. I think I had 96mb of RAM and that was ridiculous expensive. I had a Matrox 8 or 16mb video card. I had a U.S. Robotics 14.4 modem so I could play Legend of the Red Dragon on the BBS. I still have a list of BBS dial in numbers. Hehe. My memory from 94 is a little hazy.

The first PC I used was a family owned Apple IIc. Oregon trail baby.

Hehe I used to run a BBS back in the day. And the guy who wrote LORD was from around here, met him a few times.

Anyone remember using a Voodoo pass-thru video card? It was a second card that you installed and looped your video cable through it and then to your monitor. Those were so freaking awesome back in the day.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Search TORHead