Joined: 15 Dec 2008
re: About Diabolic
by =Outlaw= on 2012/03/10 7:57 pm
Diabolic is an established and stable guild composed of seasoned gaming vets with an officer core going back over 10 years of online gaming. We have been very successful in each game we have played (MechWarrior 4, SW:Galaxies, and WoW), and have continued our success in Star Wars: The Old Republic as a progression oriented guild.
We are very focused on PvE progression. Through dedication and organization, we approach each and every tier of content with the goal of killing it as soon as possible. We work as a team to try and help all of our members be prepared for everything this game has to offer us.
We run an organized weekly raid schedule of 4 to 5 days a week depending on the content available. Raids form up at 7:30pm PST and first pull is at 8:00pm PST. Raids can last up to 4 hours, ending sometime before Midnight PST. During progression, raids will run Sunday through Thursday. During farm-mode, most content will be down on Tuesday or Wednesday while the rest of the week will be used for gearing up alts, playing PvP, or just hanging out.
We occasionally run extra raids on Friday and Saturday for those who did not get in on the weekday raids or prefer a more casual environment. These raids are typically Story Mode or previous tier content. We try to make sure that everyone gets in who wants to get in. We understand that not every member wants to raid 5 nights a week, and that is ok. Some members just want to take it easy and contribute to the guild by running flashpoints and crafting, and that is fine by us. We kill shit, and we all get loot.
We use a modified DKP system (EPGP) to divvy up the loot in a fair and efficient manner. We don’t argue or cry about Joe getting my sword, or Mary getting my boots. It’s just not conducive to a good team environment and we don’t put up with it. We work together as a smooth running team, and we feel that a collective positive attitude helps us to be more successful… ie: no loot whores and no whiners!
We really enjoy world and team-based PvP and feel that it adds an extra excitement to the game that is otherwise missing on purely PvE servers. During our time playing SW: Galaxies, we played on a PvP server, and the world PvP there was just awesome! We hope to enjoy that experience again with SWTOR! While endgame raids is a large focus for the guild, many of us want to PvP, stomp on republic scum, dominate our servers PvP scene and have fun doing it. We are currently gearing up and looking for interested participants for a Rated Warzone team.
- We are “mostly” 18yr old + as a guild. Every once in a while we will accept a younger member if (s)he is a relative or friend of a current member, but for the most part we try to keep it as an adult guild.
- We can get raunchy on comms and guild chat…hence one of the reasons for 18+. I don’t want someone’s mom yelling at me because their kid heard a joke on comms about midget bukkake, or lemon party or whatever. This also means that if you are easily offended by such things, this is not the home for you.
- We like to screw around and have fun goofing on each other, but when it’s raid time we know how to knuckle down and take care of business.
- We have a Teamspeak 3 server and guild website that are fully paid for and stable long into the foreseeable future. We are here for the long haul.
- We don't roleplay as a guild, but if you want to roleplay we won't object. However we reserve the right to call you a homo. We reserve the right to call you a homo regardless. We will use this right often.
- Are you ready to kick ass and chew bubblegum? Are you ready to join us in Diabolic Galactic Dominance!?